Saturday, March 27, 2010

Are we in the clear??

I'm happy to report today that we are on day 5 of no blood in Mini's stool. Perhaps we've finally found the magic combination of "what not to eat"! I don't think that fish, nuts or eggs were the culprit, though so I'll try adding those in gradually in the next week or so and see how she does.

On another note... I have an example for you of how you can never be too careful! Since I can't eat beef I've been eating lots of chicken and pork. I recently saw in my local grocery store's sale ad that they had whole frozen turkeys on sale for something like half off. I thought "why not" and bought one. I got a 14 pound turkey for a little over $8.00. I like turkey a lot and so does the hubby so I figured I'd bake it this weekend, hubby could have some turkey sandwiches and then I could make a turkey and rice soup! I was very excited about all of this food! I took the turkey out of the fridge last night to see how big it was and there it was.... what I had failed to notice in the grocery store: "Preseasoned with Real Creamery Butter!" Now, I know most people put butter on turkey before baking it so it gets that nice, golden brown color but have you ever seen a turkey that already comes with butter?

Now I have a 14 pound turkey for my husband so I called my parents and invited them to dinner! 

Lesson learned: ALWAYS read the label even when you think there's no way an item will contain an "off limits" ingredient!

No comments:

Post a Comment