Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

If you're like me, one of the things you miss the most is cookies. I discovered that Oreo cookies don't contain dairy... but they do contain soy. I was devastated! This is my mom's recipe for oatmeal cookies but I substitute oil for butter and they're fantastic!

2 sticks butter (I use 1 cup oil)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
1 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter (oil in my case), brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla (wet ingredients). Mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt (dry ingredients). Mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

I can't eat these now that I've cut eggs but thoroughly enjoyed them the last time I had to restrict my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment