Thursday, March 18, 2010

A tip for you...

I've been putting my salad dressing in a baby food jar and taking it with me wherever I go. That way I would always have an option if I got hungry while out and about because, let's face it, eating out with so many dietary restrictions is damn near impossible.

The only problem with this is the baby food jar leaked every time. So, I started putting the baby food jar filled with salad dressing in a zip top bag. This stopped dressing from getting all over everything in the diaper bag but then I was left with a slippery baby food jar and had a hard time getting it opened to actually use the dressing!

The other night, as DH and I were getting ready to go out to dinner (yay for date night!) I was tearing my kitchen apart looking for something to put my salad dressing in that wouldn't leak. Then, all of a sudden, it was like a lightbulb went off in my head and my eyes landed on this:

Yes, that is a Medela breast milk storage bottle! It's small enough to fit in my purse and the best part is that it's designed to carry breast milk... a liquid.... so, essentially, it's designed not to leak!

It worked like a charm! Hooray!! Now that I think about it, I guess you could also use breast milk storage bags too!

No comments:

Post a Comment