Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bye-bye wheat!

So I've now added wheat to the list of things that I can't eat (dairy, soy, nuts, eggs, fish, beef, wheat). I took Mini to the doctor yesterday for her 2 month shots and the doctor wasn't real pleased with her weight gain. It was on the very low end of acceptable so she has to go back in two weeks for a weight check.

Last time we saw the doctor I asked him about wheat. My husband's sister has a wheat allergy so I thought it might be a possibility. His response at that time was that he didn't know of wheat being a cause for blood in the stool of a breastfed baby. I brought it up again as that is the only one of the top 8 allergens that I was still eating.... and eating a lot of wheat I was! I didn't realize how many bagels with apple butter or jelly that I ate! I just cut wheat yesterday and I already miss my bagels and my Raisin Bran! I will have to go to the store this afternoon and stock up on Rice Chex or some other rice cereal. 

My pediatrician asked what that would leave me eating, to which I responded "turkey, chicken, pork, fresh fruits and veggies, rice and potatoes." I think he realized that I had thought this out and he told me to give it a try. I sure hope the blood in her stool goes away soon so I can start to add a few of these items back into my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment