Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I know I haven't updated this site in a while and that's because I haven't been real adventurous with cooking these days. I'm mostly sticking to fresh, bland foods for fear that the blood will come back! Since my last post I've also cut out tomatoes after noticing that every time I ate spaghetti (with "safe" sauce, ground turkey and rice pasta) Mini would have tummy problems and I would notice a couple of diapers with small specks of blood. The only thing it could be is the spaghetti sauce so I decided to play it safe and just stay away from all things tomato for a while. Overall, she is a very happy girl. The blood comes and goes with more good days than bad but she's not having the daily screaming fits that her brother had.
We've also started supplementing with some formula because she was having weight gain issues (poor girl's pants were falling down and we've started calling her Skinny Mini). We've been giving her one bottle a day of Alimentum and, so far, she's doing OK with it. Happily, as of her weight check today, she's finally gaining an adequate amount of weight!
So that's the update on Mini's GI issues but the real reason I wanted to post is because I've found an awesome website for food sensitivity issues. Go check out http://www.befreeforme.com/ . I can't tell you the plethora of information on this site. It even has a recipes section and when I told it to search recipes that were gluten free, nut free, dairy free, soy free and shellfish free, it came up with OVER 100 recipes! How awesome is that?!?! Seriously, go check it out. I hope you're as excited and amazed as I am!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to check out that link! I found your blog a few weeks ago doing a google search for recipes. I'm always looking for new ideas! (my baby is allergic to dairy, soy and gluten) Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete