Monday, February 9, 2009

Turkey Burgers



You know, I never liked turkey burgers until I made my own patties. The ones that you can buy premade were dry and chewy. Hubby and I decided to decrease our red meat intake so I bought a big package of ground turkey and used it like I would ground beef... spaghetti, burgers, etc.

I add onion salt, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce to the meat, mix it with my hands and form into burgers. I also use this combination for ground beer. You can either grill them or cook them on the stove in a skillet. They turned out wonderfully! I ate mine plain but Hubby liked his on a bun and I'm sure they'd be great on a plain bagel (Pepperidge Farm has no dairy or soy in their bagels but I've just discovered that the Kroger brand is just as good, costs much less and also has no dairy or soy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment