Friday, February 13, 2009

It's over...

Lately it's been damn near impossible to get my little guy to settle down enough to actually nurse in the mornings... so I've been making him bottles right after nursing him because I know he's not eating enough. The thing is.... he'll semi-nurse for 20 minutes and then get uber excited when he sees the bottle. This is how I knew it was time to stop nursing him. I was severely limiting my own diet just so I could nurse him once or twice a day and that wasn't even providing him with nourishment! Besides... I still have over 100 ounces of breast milk in the freezer I can give him...

So yesterday morning I nursed my baby boy for the last time...on his 8 month "birthday" and then proceeded to have chocolate for breakfast, oreos for lunch and half of a pizza with extra cheese for dinner! Don't worry, though. Little man can't have dairy or soy for the next 10 months so I'll still have plenty to write about.... plus there are still some recipes for me that I haven't posted yet so I'll be sure to get those on here too!

Speaking of food for baby! Hubby and I had summer squash and zucchini with dinner the other night. I just slice them up and boil them until tender. I threw the leftovers in the blender and pureed them for my son. He loved it! The other thing I've made recently is peaches... just peel, puree and voila! I do believe that if your child is under 7 months you should cook the peaches first though....

No comments:

Post a Comment