Friday, February 26, 2010

Fish!

PHOTO TAKEN FROM WWW.STARKISTSEASATIONS.COM

I grew up on the coast and still live there so frozen fish isn't something that's ever really appealed to me. Actually, I've only started buying fish at the grocery store recently but I've always bought fresh fish. The problem with that is that I like to eat it the day I buy it so that means we rarely had fish!

In an effort to incorporate more fish into our diet I thought I would try frozen fish fillets. Now, most of them are breaded which, on a dairy and soy free diet, is a no-no. But, I did find these by StarKist. They're called Seasations and come in several varieties but the only one that was dairy and soy free was the Mediterranean Tomato & Basil so I picked it up.

A few nights later I was pleasantly surprised! Not only was it delicious but super easy too. Just a few minutes in the microwave and it was done! Even my DH and toddler liked it. Well, Monkey wouldn't eat much of the actual fish but loved the sauce and dipped everything else on his plate in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment