Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spaghetti!!



So I've always been a fan of Ragu spaghetti sauce. I was heartbroken when I discovered that every version I've seen contains soy. But after a few months of not having spaghetti, which is one of my favorites, Prego isn't so bad! I get the Mushroom version and prepare as follows:

Brown meat (ground beef or turkey) in a skillet along with half of an onion diced and a couple of cloves of garlic, pressed. If I use fresh mushrooms I'll put those in when the meat is about half way done. If I'm using canned mushrooms I add those with the sauce. Drain the fat off of the meat and pour in the jar of spaghetti sauce. I can't think of an easier meal! Tonight I prepared it with ground turkey, onion, garlic and canned mushrooms.... so yummy!!

If you like to have bread with your spaghetti, might I suggest Pepperidge Farm bagels.... either regular or the mini-bagels. It's the only form of bread I've found that contains neither dairy or soy!

No comments:

Post a Comment